Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Wow, these internets are cool!"

Do you know not everyone checks their email regularly? Seriously. My pet peeve is when email is listed under contact info, you should be able to contact someone that way!

If you are reading this blog, you're obviously somewhat internet savvy. I'm here to tell you that not all Realtors (or service professionals for that matter) are.

Act accordingly!

Ask your Realtor (or anyone involved in your transaction - mortgage broker, insurance agent, etc) how often they check their email. Ask them if they can send documents electronically. Ask them how they will communicate with you.

For Sellers: Ask them the following:

1. How many pictures of the home do you post?
2. Do you post a virtual tour?
3. How many/what websites do you post my home to?
4. How often will you update me with website activity?

For Buyers: Ask them the following:
1. How often will you email me new listings?
2. How often do you check TREND?

Want to know my answers? Shoot me an email and I'll fill you in...

**One caveat on this - there are many, many people in this world who are NOT internet savvy. The non-internet savvy Realtors are a GREAT fit for them. I'm not knocking them, I'm just advising you that you need a Realtor who works for your needs.

No comments: