Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having...Nevermind...

Things got away from me for just a bit. Not because I was having fun, but because I was in the midst of chaos, drama, pressure.... I have a settlement coming up with some last minute problems with the mortgage. Not with my Buyer - he was well qualified and ready to go. It was more of a paperwork issue with the mortgage company. But I worked with such a fabulous group of people to take care of the problem and everyone really rose to the occasion. We're settling tomorrow thanks to a Herculean team effort from the Title company, Mortgage company, Realtors (Thanks Rowland!), Buyer, and Seller. What a privilege it was to work with such a great group of people.



Challenges give me an opportunity to rise to the occasion and really dig in and drive the solution. While I don't enjoy the stress, and my ultimate goal is to get to the settlement table with no glitches, hiccups, or tears, sometimes things just happen. It's important to me that when they do, I can identify the problem, figure out how to fix it, and work with a team to get it done.


When you choose your REALTOR, think about how he/she is going to handle the hard calls, the tough challenges, and the rough stuff. Can he handle the stress? Can she take a look at the situation at hand and do what needs to be done next? Then take the next step...and then the next...and then the next until you get some resolution? Does he/she steer clear of blame and a "Not my job" attitude.

Does he have a fabulous team behind them?

The goal is to make every real estate transaction seamless, and most of them proceed that way. However, make sure you find the right person who can step up to the plate if they don't.

No comments: