Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School!

P1010384  Ahhh, Summer. 

Swimming in the pool, day trips to the shore, and lazy afternoons suddenly turn to bored whining, sweaty kids, and fighting siblings mid- August. 

After a rushed two weeks of buying school supplies, getting haircuts, and yelling ... a lot ...we started school today.  My younger son starts Kindergarten, and he finally admitted today, over his bowl of strawberries, "I'm a little nervous, but really excited."

When I met them getting off the bus today at school, I could tell he was still a little nervous, but SO EXCITED.  All the kids were so excited.  Excited by their new backpacks and notebooks, excited to see their friends, excited to see the teachers out front.  It's a beautiful this to watch.

I'm excited too.  I'm excited that our routine will be back in place.  I'm excited for the kids to be with their friends, and to learn from the wonderful teachers at Wrightstown Elementary.  If I can't honestly say I'm excited about sports starting up (they aren't my deal), I can say I'm glad to see the kids involved in them again.

I'm also excited to re-focus on my work.  I've been busy getting the kids ready for school, and haven't been able to blog as frequently as I would like.  I have a  lot of ideas for posts running around in my mind, and I'm excited to get them out there for you to take a look at.  I have some great clients who are really jumping in there.  I'm throwing the idea around of doing another flip project. 

So, it's back to work, kids!

And back to work for this Mom.

I'm excited!

1 comment:

das said...

As a profession, teaching has very high levels of Work-Related Stress which are listed as amongst the highest of any profession in some countries, such as the United Kingdom. The degree of this problem is becoming increasingly recognised and support systems are being put into place. Teacher education is increasingly recognizing the need for new entrants to the profession to be aware of and trained to overcome the challenges that they will face on the 'mental health' front.

--------
Mobin

Promoter